1. Personalized service, where everybody knows your name. Store-owners who place individual orders for customers, for items not in the store – at no extra cost. Restaurant waiters who know your “usual” order. A welcoming smile and conversation, every time you come in the store. People are looking for an experience – DeWitt Delivers a high level of customer service.
2. Awareness in Savings A regular shopping trip to a larger city is at minimum 50-miles roundtrip from DeWitt. Based on the 2015 government business mileage rate at 57.5 cents per mile – which includes depreciation and maintenance of the vehicle, gas and oil costs – the trip alone will cost $28.75. By changing course and being aware of how DeWitt’s stores and restaurants cater to most daily needs, dollars can be redirected to preserving our progressive and thriving community.
3. Meeting Your Daily Needs The vibrant Downtown District (6th Ave) and the stress-free Old Lincoln Highway District (11th St) present two different ways to shop and dine in DeWitt. The Downtown District, with its sweet tunes, invites you to park your car and take a walk as you enjoy multitasking errands with grabbing a bite to eat. The Old Lincoln Highway District allows people little effort to accomplish Saturday morning shopping tasks with ample parking and easy in-and-out access to a variety of stores and restaurants.
4. Chamber Bucks Makes It Easy Not sure how to show your gratitude for the neighbor who always mows your lawn or watches your house when you are out of town? How about the office manager who keeps things running smoothly in your company? Or that certain friend who is driving the car pool? Chamber Bucks makes it easy for the times you want to say thanks. Plus, it keeps dollars in DeWitt and boost the local economy! It works like a check at over 200 locations in town and can be purchased at DeWitt Bank & Trust Company, DeWitt Chamber & Development Company (DCDC), Dot’s Hallmark, First Central State Bank, and Whisk Away Café and Bakery.
5. Delicious Dining Options You can travel from Mexican to Chinese and back to good old North American cooking any day of the week! DeWitt not only offers a variety of ethnic choices, but also an assortment of restaurants who cater to cozy atmospheres, take-out, delivery or drivethru services. Whether you are on the go and need something quick and easy, or have time to enjoy the ambiance and stay for desert, there is always something for everyone’s taste buds in DeWitt.
By keeping your shopping and dining dollar$ in DeWitt, you give your Local Economy a Boost! Buying from local retail stores and restaurants improves a community by helping a local store owner put food on the table and pay a mortgage versus helping a CEO buy a third vacation home. Studies show independent retailers return more than 3 times as much money per dollar of sales to the local economy than big box competitors.
Change your course, walk into a new store, try a new entrée, simple things that will make a big impact on the DeWitt community!
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.